• Involved Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Same as Involute.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Involve
• Involve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To connect with something as a natural or logical consequence or effect; to include necessarily; to imply.
- (v. t.) To roll or fold up; to wind round; to entwine.
- (v. t.) To envelop, infold, entangle, or embarrass; as, to involve a person in debt or misery.
- (v. t.) To complicate or make intricate, as in grammatical structure.
- (v. t.) To engage thoroughly; to occupy, employ, or absorb.
- (v. t.) To take in; to gather in; to mingle confusedly; to blend or merge.
- (v. t.) To envelop completely; to surround; to cover; to hide; to involve in darkness or obscurity.
- (v. t.) To raise to any assigned power; to multiply, as a quantity, into itself a given number of times; as, a quantity involved to the third or fourth power.
• Involvedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being involved.