• Jaundice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A morbid condition, characterized by yellowness of the eyes, skin, and urine, whiteness of the faeces, constipation, uneasiness in the region of the stomach, loss of appetite, and general languor and lassitude. It is caused usually by obstruction of the biliary passages and consequent damming up, in the liver, of the bile, which is then absorbed into the blood.
- (v. t.) To affect with jaundice; to color by prejudice or envy; to prejudice.
• Jaundiced Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Prejudiced; envious; as, a jaundiced judgment.
- (a.) Affected with jaundice.