• Jealous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Disposed to suspect rivalry in matters of interest and affection; apprehensive regarding the motives of possible rivals, or the fidelity of friends; distrustful; having morbid fear of rivalry in love or preference given to another; painfully suspicious of the faithfulness of husband, wife, or lover.
- (a.) Apprehensive; anxious; suspiciously watchful.
- (a.) Exacting exclusive devotion; intolerant of rivalry.
- (a.) Zealous; solicitous; vigilant; anxiously watchful.
• Jealousness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) State or quality of being jealous.
• Jealousies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Jealousy
• Jealousy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being jealous; earnest concern or solicitude; painful apprehension of rivalship in cases nearly affecting ones happiness; painful suspicion of the faithfulness of husband, wife, or lover.