• Jeers Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) See 1st Jeer (b).
• Jeer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To treat with scoffs or derision; to address with jeers; to taunt; to flout; to mock at.
- (n.) An assemblage or combination of tackles, for hoisting or lowering the lower yards of a ship.
- (n.) A railing remark or reflection; a scoff; a taunt; a biting jest; a flout; a jibe; mockery.
- (v.) To utter sarcastic or scoffing reflections; to speak with mockery or derision; to use taunting language; to scoff; as, to jeer at a speaker.
- (n.) A gear; a tackle.