• Jib Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To move restively backward or sidewise, -- said of a horse; to balk.
- (v. i.) A triangular sail set upon a stay or halyard extending from the foremast or fore-topmast to the bowsprit or the jib boom. Large vessels often carry several jibe; as, inner jib; outer jib; flying jib; etc.
- (v. i.) The projecting arm of a crane, from which the load is suspended.
- (n.) One that jibs, or balks; a jibber.
- () Alt. of Jibb
- (n.) A stationary condition; a standstill.
• Jibbed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jib