• Jolt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to shake with a sudden up and down motion, as in a carriage going over rough ground, or on a high-trotting horse; as, the horse jolts the rider; fast driving jolts the carriage and the passengers.
- (n.) A sudden shock or jerk; a jolting motion, as in a carriage moving over rough ground.
- (v. i.) To shake with short, abrupt risings and fallings, as a carriage moving on rough ground; as, the coach jolts.
• Jolted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jolt