• Jug Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vessel, usually of coarse earthenware, with a swelling belly and narrow mouth, and having a handle on one side.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound resembling this word, as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- (v. t.) To commit to jail; to imprison.
- (n.) A prison; a jail; a lockup.
- (v. t.) To seethe or stew, as in a jug or jar placed in boiling water; as, to jug a hare.
- (n.) A pitcher; a ewer.
- (v. i.) To nestle or collect together in a covey; -- said of quails and partridges.
• Juggler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who practices or exhibits tricks by sleight of hand; one skilled in legerdemain; a conjurer.
- (n.) A deceiver; a cheat.
• Jugular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Any fish which has the ventral fins situated forward of the pectoral fins, or beneath the throat; one of a division of fishes (Jugulares).
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the jugular vein; as, the jugular foramen.
- (a.) Having the ventral fins beneath the throat; -- said of certain fishes.
- (a.) One of the large veins which return the blood from the head to the heart through two chief trunks, an external and an internal, on each side of the neck; -- called also the jugular vein.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the throat or neck; as, the jugular vein.