• Jumper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sort of blouse worn by workmen over their ordinary dress to protect it.
- (n.) spring to impel the star wheel, also a pawl to lock fast a wheel, in a repeating timepiece.
- (n.) A name applied in the 18th century to certain Calvinistic Methodists in Wales whose worship was characterized by violent convulsions.
- (n.) A fur garment worn in Arctic journeys.
- (n.) A loose upper garment
- (n.) The larva of the cheese fly. See Cheese fly, under Cheese.
- (n.) One who, or that which, jumps.
- (n.) A rude kind of sleigh; -- usually, a simple box on runners which are in one piece with the poles that form the thills.
- (n.) A long drilling tool used by masons and quarrymen.
- (n.) A thing that jumps; esp., any of various tools or other contrivances operating with a jumping motion;
- (n.) an instrument for boring holes in rocks by percussion without hammering, consisting of a bar of iron with a chisel-edged steel tip at one or both ends, operated by striking it against the rock, turning it slightly with each blow.