• Jumping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Jump
- (p. a. & vb. n.) of Jump, to leap.
• Jump Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An effort; an attempt; a venture.
- (n.) The space traversed by a leap.
- (v. t.) To bore with a jumper.
- (v. t.) To join by a butt weld.
- (v. t.) To cause to jump; as, he jumped his horse across the ditch.
- (n.) The act of jumping; a leap; a spring; a bound.
- (v. t.) To expose to danger; to risk; to hazard.
- (n.) A dislocation in a stratum; a fault.
- (v. i.) To spring free from the ground by the muscular action of the feet and legs; to project ones self through the air; to spring; to bound; to leap.
- (v. i.) To coincide; to agree; to accord; to tally; -- followed by with.
- (n.) A bodice worn instead of stays by women in the 18th century.
- (n.) A kind of loose jacket for men.
- (v. t.) To thicken or enlarge by endwise blows; to upset.
- (a.) Nice; exact; matched; fitting; precise.
- (v. i.) To move as if by jumping; to bounce; to jolt.
- (adv.) Exactly; pat.
- (n.) An abrupt interruption of level in a piece of brickwork or masonry.
- (v. t.) To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap; as, to jump a stream.
• Jumping disease Definition & Synonyms
- () A convulsive tic similar to or identical with miryachit, observed among the woodsmen of Maine.