• Justice Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To administer justice to.
- (a.) The rendering to every one his due or right; just treatment; requital of desert; merited reward or punishment; that which is due to ones conduct or motives.
- (a.) Conformity to truth and reality in expressing opinions and in conduct; fair representation of facts respecting merit or demerit; honesty; fidelity; impartiality; as, the justice of a description or of a judgment; historical justice.
- (a.) Agreeableness to right; equity; justness; as, the justice of a claim.
- (a.) The quality of being just; conformity to the principles of righteousness and rectitude in all things; strict performance of moral obligations; practical conformity to human or divine law; integrity in the dealings of men with each other; rectitude; equity; uprightness.
- (a.) A person duly commissioned to hold courts, or to try and decide controversies and administer justice.
• Justicement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Administration of justice; procedure in courts of justice.
• Justiceable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Liable to trial in a court of justice.