• Justifying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Justify
• Justify Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To make even or true, as lines of type, by proper spacing; to adjust, as type. See Justification, 4.
- (v. i.) To take oath to the ownership of property sufficient to qualify ones self as bail or surety.
- (a.) To prove or show to be just; to vindicate; to maintain or defend as conformable to law, right, justice, propriety, or duty.
- (a.) To prove; to ratify; to confirm.
- (v. i.) To form an even surface or true line with something else; to fit exactly.
- (a.) To treat as if righteous and just; to pardon; to exculpate; to absolve.
- (a.) To pronounce free from guilt or blame; to declare or prove to have done that which is just, right, proper, etc.; to absolve; to exonerate; to clear.
- (v. t.) To show (a person) to have had a sufficient legal reason for an act that has been made the subject of a change or accusation.
- (v. t.) To qualify (ones self) as a surely by taking oath to the ownership of sufficient property.