• Kind Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Having feelings befitting our common nature; congenial; sympathetic; as, a kind man; a kind heart.
- (superl.) Gentle; tractable; easily governed; as, a horse kind in harness.
- (a.) Nature; natural instinct or disposition.
- (superl.) Proceeding from, or characterized by, goodness, gentleness, or benevolence; as, a kind act.
- (superl.) Showing tenderness or goodness; disposed to do good and confer happiness; averse to hurting or paining; benevolent; benignant; gracious.
- (v. t.) To beget.
- (superl.) Characteristic of the species; belonging to ones nature; natural; native.
- (a.) Race; genus; species; generic class; as, in mankind or humankind.
- (a.) Nature; style; character; sort; fashion; manner; variety; description; class; as, there are several kinds of eloquence, of style, and of music; many kinds of government; various kinds of soil, etc.
• kin Definition & Synonyms
- () A diminutive suffix; as, manikin; lambkin.
- (n.) Relationship, consanguinity, or affinity; connection by birth or marriage; kindred; near connection or alliance, as of those having common descent.
- (n.) Relatives; persons of the same family or race.
- (a.) Of the same nature or kind; kinder.
- (n.) A primitive Chinese instrument of the cittern kind, with from five to twenty-five silken strings.
- () Alt. of Kine
• Kindless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Destitute of kindness; unnatural.
• Kinding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Materials, easily lighted, for starting a fire.
- (n.) The of causing to burn, or of exciting or inflaming the passions.