• Kinged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of King
• King Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, holds a supreme position or rank; a chief among competitors; as, a railroad king; a money king; the king of the lobby; the king of beasts.
- (n.) The title of two historical books in the Old Testament.
- (n.) A Chinese musical instrument, consisting of resonant stones or metal plates, arranged according to their tones in a frame of wood, and struck with a hammer.
- (n.) A crowned man in the game of draughts.
- (n.) A chief ruler; a sovereign; one invested with supreme authority over a nation, country, or tribe, usually by hereditary succession; a monarch; a prince.
- (n.) The chief piece in the game of chess.
- (v. i.) To supply with a king; to make a king of; to raise to royalty.
- (n.) A playing card having the picture of a king; as, the king of diamonds.