• Kingfish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The opah.
- (n.) An American marine food fish of the genus Menticirrus, especially M. saxatilis, or M. nebulosos, of the Atlantic coast; -- called also whiting, surf whiting, and barb.
- (n.) The queenfish.
- (n.) The common cero; also, the spotted cero. See Cero.
• Kingfisher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of birds constituting the family Alcedinidae. Most of them feed upon fishes which they capture by diving and seizing then with the beak; others feed only upon reptiles, insects, etc. About one hundred and fifty species are known. They are found in nearly all parts of the world, but are particularly abundant in the East Indies.