• Knockabout Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A man hired on a sheep station to do odd jobs.
- (a.) Of noisy and violent character.
- (n.) A small yacht, generally from fifteen to twenty-five feet in length, having a mainsail and a jib. All knockabouts have ballast and either a keel or centerboard. The original type was twenty-one feet in length. The next larger type is called a raceabout.
- (a.) Characterized by, or suitable for, knocking about, or traveling or wandering hither and thither.
- (n.) A knockabout performer or performance.
- (a.) That does odd jobs; -- said of a class of hands or laborers on a sheep station.
- (a.) Marked by knocking about or roughness.