• Large Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Abundant; ample; as, a large supply of provisions.
- (superl.) Prodigal in expending; lavish.
- (adv.) Freely; licentiously.
- (n.) A musical note, formerly in use, equal to two longs, four breves, or eight semibreves.
- (superl.) Unrestrained by decorum; -- said of language.
- (superl.) Full in statement; diffuse; full; profuse.
- (superl.) Having more than usual power or capacity; having broad sympathies and generous impulses; comprehensive; -- said of the mind and heart.
- (superl.) Crossing the line of a ships course in a favorable direction; -- said of the wind when it is abeam, or between the beam and the quarter.
- (superl.) Free; unembarrassed.
- (superl.) Exceeding most other things of like kind in bulk, capacity, quantity, superficial dimensions, or number of constituent units; big; great; capacious; extensive; -- opposed to small; as, a large horse; a large house or room; a large lake or pool; a large jug or spoon; a large vineyard; a large army; a large city.
• Large-acred Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Possessing much land.
• Large-hearted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a large or generous heart or disposition; noble; liberal.