• Latinizing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Latinize
• Latinize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give Latin terminations or forms to, as to foreign words, in writing Latin.
- (v. t.) To make like the Roman Catholic Church or diffuse its ideas in; as, to Latinize the Church of England.
- (v. t.) To bring under the power or influence of the Romans or Latins; to affect with the usages of the Latins, especially in speech.
- (v. i.) To use words or phrases borrowed from the Latin.
- (v. i.) To come under the influence of the Romans, or of the Roman Catholic Church.