• Latticing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A system of bars crossing in the middle to form braces between principal longitudinal members, as of a strut.
- (n.) The act or process of making a lattice of, or of fitting a lattice to.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lattice
• Lattice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any work of wood or metal, made by crossing laths, or thin strips, and forming a network; as, the lattice of a window; -- called also latticework.
- (v. i.) To close, as an opening, with latticework; to furnish with a lattice; as, to lattice a window.
- (n.) The representation of a piece of latticework used as a bearing, the bands being vertical and horizontal.
- (v. i.) To make a lattice of; as, to lattice timbers.