• Launch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To send out; to start (one) on a career; to set going; to give a start to (something); to put in operation; as, to launch a son in the world; to launch a business project or enterprise.
- (v. i.) To cause to move or slide from the land into the water; to set afloat; as, to launch a ship.
- (n.) The movement of a vessel from land into the water; especially, the sliding on ways from the stocks on which it is built.
- (v. i.) To strike with, or as with, a lance; to pierce.
- (v. i.) To throw, as a lance or dart; to hurl; to let fly.
- (n.) The act of launching.
- (n.) The boat of the largest size belonging to a ship of war; also, an open boat of any size driven by steam, naphtha, electricity, or the like.
- (v. i.) To move with force and swiftness like a sliding from the stocks into the water; to plunge; to make a beginning; as, to launch into the current of a stream; to launch into an argument or discussion; to launch into lavish expenditures; -- often with out.
• Launched Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Launch