• Lawyer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The bowfin (Amia calva).
- (n.) One versed in the laws, or a practitioner of law; one whose profession is to conduct lawsuits for clients, or to advise as to prosecution or defence of lawsuits, or as to legal rights and obligations in other matters. It is a general term, comprehending attorneys, counselors, solicitors, barristers, sergeants, and advocates.
- (n.) The burbot (Lota maculosa).
- (n.) The black-necked stilt. See Stilt.
• Lawyerly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Like, or becoming, a lawyer; as, lawyerlike sagacity.
• Lawyerlike Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Lawyerly