• Leach Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A quantity of wood ashes, through which water passes, and thus imbibes the alkali.
- (n.) A tub or vat for leaching ashes, bark, etc.
- (n.) See 3d Leech.
- (v. t.) To remove the soluble constituents from by subjecting to the action of percolating water or other liquid; as, to leach ashes or coffee.
- (n.) See Leech, a physician.
- (v. t.) To dissolve out; -- often used with out; as, to leach out alkali from ashes.
- (v. i.) To part with soluble constituents by percolation.
• Leachy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Permitting liquids to pass by percolation; not capable of retaining water; porous; pervious; -- said of gravelly or sandy soils, and the like.
• Leaching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Leach