• Leaked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leak
• Leak Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Leaky.
- (v.) A crack, crevice, fissure, or hole which admits water or other fluid, or lets it escape; as, a leak in a roof; a leak in a boat; a leak in a gas pipe.
- (v.) The entrance or escape of a fluid through a crack, fissure, or other aperture; as, the leak gained on the ships pumps.
- (n.) To let water or other fluid in or out through a hole, crevice, etc.; as, the cask leaks; the roof leaks; the boat leaks.
- (n.) To enter or escape, as a fluid, through a hole, crevice, etc. ; to pass gradually into, or out of, something; -- usually with in or out.
- (n.) A loss of electricity through imperfect insulation; also, the point at which such loss occurs.