• Leaping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Leap
- (a. & n.) from Leap, to jump.
• Leap Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To copulate with (a female beast); to cover.
- (n.) A basket.
- (n.) A passing from one note to another by an interval, especially by a long one, or by one including several other and intermediate intervals.
- (v. i.) To spring clear of the ground, with the feet; to jump; to vault; as, a man leaps over a fence, or leaps upon a horse.
- (v. t.) To cause to leap; as, to leap a horse across a ditch.
- (n.) Copulation with, or coverture of, a female beast.
- (v. t.) To pass over by a leap or jump; as, to leap a wall, or a ditch.
- (n.) A weel or wicker trap for fish.
- (n.) The act of leaping, or the space passed by leaping; a jump; a spring; a bound.
- (v. i.) To spring or move suddenly, as by a jump or by jumps; to bound; to move swiftly. Also Fig.
- (n.) A fault.
• Leapingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By leaps.