• Learn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To gain knowledge or information of; to ascertain by inquiry, study, or investigation; to receive instruction concerning; to fix in the mind; to acquire understanding of, or skill; as, to learn the way; to learn a lesson; to learn dancing; to learn to skate; to learn the violin; to learn the truth about something.
- (v. t.) To communicate knowledge to; to teach.
- (v. i.) To acquire knowledge or skill; to make progress in acquiring knowledge or skill; to receive information or instruction; as, this child learns quickly.
• Learning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Learn
- (n.) The acquisition of knowledge or skill; as, the learning of languages; the learning of telegraphy.
- (n.) The knowledge or skill received by instruction or study; acquired knowledge or ideas in any branch of science or literature; erudition; literature; science; as, he is a man of great learning.