• Leasing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lease
- (a.) The act of lying; falsehood; a lie or lies.
• Lease Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Any tenure by grant or permission; the time for which such a tenure holds good; allotted time.
- (v. t.) A demise or letting of lands, tenements, or hereditaments to another for life, for a term of years, or at will, or for any less interest than that which the lessor has in the property, usually for a specified rent or compensation.
- (v. t.) To hold under a lease; to take lease of; as, a tenant leases his land from the owner.
- (v. i.) To gather what harvesters have left behind; to glean.
- (v. t.) To grant to another by lease the possession of, as of lands, tenements, and hereditaments; to let; to demise; as, a landowner leases a farm to a tenant; -- sometimes with out.
- (v. t.) The contract for such letting.