• Lee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which settles at the bottom, as of a cask of liquor (esp. wine); sediment; dregs; -- used now only in the plural.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the part or side opposite to that against which the wind blows; -- opposed to weather; as, the lee side or lee rail of a vessel.
- (n.) That part of the hemisphere, as one stands on shipboard, toward which the wind blows. See Lee, a.
- (v. i.) To lie; to speak falsely.
- (n.) A sheltered place; esp., a place protected from the wind by some object; the side sheltered from the wind; shelter; protection; as, the lee of a mountain, an island, or a ship.
• Leetmen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Leetman
• Leet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A court-leet; the district within the jurisdiction of a court-leet; the day on which a court-leet is held.
- (n.) The European pollock.
- (n.) A portion; a list, esp. a list of candidates for an office.
- (obs. imp.) of Let, to allow.