• Legend Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is appointed to be read; especially, a chronicle or register of the lives of saints, formerly read at matins, and in the refectories of religious houses.
- (v. t.) To tell or narrate, as a legend.
- (n.) An inscription, motto, or title, esp. one surrounding the field in a medal or coin, or placed upon an heraldic shield or beneath an engraving or illustration.
- (n.) A story respecting saints; especially, one of a marvelous nature.
- (n.) Any wonderful story coming down from the past, but not verifiable by historical record; a myth; a fable.
• Legendary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a legend or to legends; consisting of legends; like a legend; fabulous.
- (n.) One who relates legends.
- (n.) A book of legends; a tale or narrative.