• Ley Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) To lay; to wager.
- (a.) Fallow; unseeded.
- (n.) Law.
- (n.) Grass or meadow land; a lea.
- (n.) See Lye.
• Leyser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Leisure.
• Leyden phial Definition & Synonyms
- () A glass jar or bottle used to accumulate electricity. It is coated with tin foil, within and without, nearly to its top, and is surmounted by a brass knob which communicates with the inner coating, for the purpose of charging it with electricity. It is so named from having been invented in Leyden, Holland.