• Libertine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a sect of Anabaptists, in the fifteenth and early part of the sixteenth century, who rejected many of the customs and decencies of life, and advocated a community of goods and of women.
- (n.) A manumitted slave; a freedman; also, the son of a freedman.
- (n.) One free from restraint; one who acts according to his impulses and desires; now, specifically, one who gives rein to lust; a rake; a debauchee.
- (n.) A defamatory name for a freethinker.
- (n.) Dissolute; licentious; profligate; loose in morals; as, libertine principles or manners.
- (n.) Free from restraint; uncontrolled.