• Licked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lick
• Lick Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lap; to take in with the tongue; as, a dog or cat licks milk.
- (v.) A quick and careless application of anything, as if by a stroke of the tongue, or of something which acts like a tongue; as, to put on colors with a lick of the brush. Also, a small quantity of any substance so applied.
- (v. t.) To draw or pass the tongue over; as, a dog licks his masters hand.
- (v.) A stroke of the tongue in licking.
- (v. t.) To strike with repeated blows for punishment; to flog; to whip or conquer, as in a pugilistic encounter.
- (n.) A slap; a quick stroke.
- (v.) A place where salt is found on the surface of the earth, to which wild animals resort to lick it up; -- often, but not always, near salt springs.