• Limitation Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A certain period limited by statute after which the claimant shall not enforce his claims by suit.
- (v. t.) The act of limiting; the state or condition of being limited; as, the limitation of his authority was approved by the council.
- (v. t.) A limited time within or during which something is to be done.
- (v. t.) A restriction of power; as, a constitutional limitation.
- (v. t.) A settling of an estate or property by specific rules.
- (v. t.) That which limits; a restriction; a qualification; a restraining condition, defining circumstance, or qualifying conception; as, limitations of thought.
- (v. t.) A certain precinct within which friars were allowed to beg, or exercise their functions; also, the time during which they were permitted to exercise their functions in such a district.