• Lion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sign and a constellation; Leo.
- (n.) A large carnivorous feline mammal (Felis leo), found in Southern Asia and in most parts of Africa, distinct varieties occurring in the different countries. The adult male, in most varieties, has a thick mane of long shaggy hair that adds to his apparent size, which is less than that of the largest tigers. The length, however, is sometimes eleven feet to the base of the tail. The color is a tawny yellow or yellowish brown; the mane is darker, and the terminal tuft of the tail is black. In one variety, called the maneless lion, the male has only a slight mane.
- (n.) An object of interest and curiosity, especially a person who is so regarded; as, he was quite a lion in London at that time.
• Lionize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To show the lions or objects of interest to; to conduct about among objects of interest.
- (v. t.) To treat or regard as a lion or object of great interest.
• Lionet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A young or small lion.