• Lip Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To clip; to trim.
- (v. t.) To utter; to speak.
- (n.) The odd and peculiar petal in the Orchis family. See Orchidaceous.
- (n.) The sharp cutting edge on the end of an auger.
- (n.) One of the edges of the aperture of a univalve shell.
- (n.) An edge of an opening; a thin projecting part of anything; a kind of short open spout; as, the lip of a vessel.
- (n.) One of the two opposite divisions of a labiate corolla.
- (v. t.) To touch with the lips; to put the lips to; hence, to kiss.
- (n.) One of the two fleshy folds which surround the orifice of the mouth in man and many other animals. In man the lips are organs of speech essential to certain articulations. Hence, by a figure they denote the mouth, or all the organs of speech, and sometimes speech itself.
• Lipless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no lips.