• Locus Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place; a locality.
- (n.) The line traced by a point which varies its position according to some determinate law; the surface described by a point or line that moves according to a given law.
• Locust Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Locust tree
- (n.) The locust tree. See Locust Tree (definition, note, and phrases).
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of long-winged, migratory, orthopterous insects, of the family Acrididae, allied to the grasshoppers; esp., (Edipoda, / Pachytylus, migratoria, and Acridium perigrinum, of Southern Europe, Asia, and Africa. In the United States the related species with similar habits are usually called grasshoppers. See Grasshopper.
• Locusta Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The spikelet or flower cluster of grasses.
• Locustic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or derived from, the locust; -- formerly used to designate a supposed acid.