• Loggerhead Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A very large marine turtle (Thalassochelys caretta, / caouana), common in the warmer parts of the Atlantic Ocean, from Brazil to Cape Cod; -- called also logger-headed turtle.
- (n.) An upright piece of round timber, in a whaleboat, over which a turn of the line is taken when it is running out too fast.
- (n.) A blockhead; a dunce; a numskull.
- (n.) An American shrike (Lanius Ludovicianus), similar to the butcher bird, but smaller. See Shrike.
- (n.) A spherical mass of iron, with a long handle, used to heat tar.
• Loggerheads Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The knapweed.
• Loggerheaded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Dull; stupid.