• Lone Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Being without a companion; being by ones self; also, sad from lack of companionship; lonely; as, a lone traveler or watcher.
- (a.) Unfrequented by human beings; solitary.
- (a.) Single; unmarried, or in widowhood.
- (n.) A lane. See Loanin.
- (a.) Being apart from other things of the kind; being by itself; also, apart from human dwellings and resort; as, a lone house.
• Loneness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Solitude; seclusion.
• Loneliness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being unfrequented by human beings; as, the loneliness of a road.
- (n.) A feeling of depression resulting from being alone.
- (n.) The condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion.
- (n.) Love of retirement; disposition to solitude.