• Loped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lope
• Lop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A flea.
- (v. t.) To cut off as the top or extreme part of anything; to sho/ -- by cutting off the extremities; to cut off, or remove as superfluous parts; as, to lop a tree or its branches.
- (n.) That which is lopped from anything, as branches from a tree.
- (v. i.) To hang downward; to be pendent; to lean to one side.
- (a.) Hanging down; as, lop ears; -- used also in compound adjectives; as, lopeared; lopsided.
- (v. t.) To cut partly off and bend down; as, to lop bushes in a hedge.
- (v. t.) To let hang down; as, to lop the head.
• Lope Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To leap; to dance.
- (n.) An easy gait, consisting of long running strides or leaps.
- (v. i.) To move with a lope, as a horse.
- (n.) A leap; a long step.
- (imp.) of Leap.