• Lot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The part, or fate, which falls to one, as it were, by chance, or without his planning.
- (n.) A separate portion; a number of things taken collectively; as, a lot of stationery; -- colloquially, sometimes of people; as, a sorry lot; a bad lot.
- (n.) A distinct portion or plot of land, usually smaller than a field; as, a building lot in a city.
- (n.) Anything (as a die, pebble, ball, or slip of paper) used in determining a question by chance, or without mans choice or will; as, to cast or draw lots.
- (n.) That which happens without human design or forethought; chance; accident; hazard; fortune; fate.
- (n.) A prize in a lottery.
- (n.) A large quantity or number; a great deal; as, to spend a lot of money; lots of people think so.
- (v. t.) To allot; to sort; to portion.
• Lotteries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Lottery
• Lotting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lot