• Loving Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Expressing love or kindness; as, loving words.
- (a.) Affectionate.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Love
• Love Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A thin silk stuff.
- (n.) A climbing species of Clematis (C. Vitalba).
- (n.) The object of affection; -- often employed in endearing address.
- (n.) Cupid, the god of love; sometimes, Venus.
- (n.) Nothing; no points scored on one side; -- used in counting score at tennis, etc.
- (n.) To take delight or pleasure in; to have a strong liking or desire for, or interest in; to be pleased with; to like; as, to love books; to love adventures.
- (n.) To regard with passionate and devoted affection, as that of one sex for the other.
- (v. i.) To have the feeling of love; to be in love.
- (n.) Courtship; -- chiefly in the phrase to make love, i. e., to court, to woo, to solicit union in marriage.
- (n.) Affection; kind feeling; friendship; strong liking or desire; fondness; good will; -- opposed to hate; often with of and an object.
- (n.) Due gratitude and reverence to God.
- (n.) To have a feeling of love for; to regard with affection or good will; as, to love ones children and friends; to love ones country; to love ones God.
- (n.) Especially, devoted attachment to, or tender or passionate affection for, one of the opposite sex.
- (n.) A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.
• Lovingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With love; affectionately.
• Loving-kindness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Tender regard; mercy; favor.
• Lovingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Affection; kind regard.