• Lumbered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lumber
• Lumber Definition & Synonyms
- (b. t.) To heap together in disorder.
- (v. i.) To move heavily, as if burdened.
- (v. i.) To cut logs in the forest, or prepare timber for market.
- (b. t.) To fill or encumber with lumber; as, to lumber up a room.
- (n.) Old or refuse household stuff; things cumbrous, or bulky and useless, or of small value.
- (n.) Timber sawed or split into the form of beams, joists, boards, planks, staves, hoops, etc.; esp., that which is smaller than heavy timber.
- (n.) A pawnbrokers shop, or room for storing articles put in pawn; hence, a pledge, or pawn.
- (v. i.) To make a sound as if moving heavily or clumsily; to rumble.