• Lust Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Pleasure.
- (n.) Hence: Virility; vigor; active power.
- (n.) Inclination; desire.
- (n.) To have an eager, passionate, and especially an inordinate or sinful desire, as for the gratification of the sexual appetite or of covetousness; -- often with after.
- (n.) Licentious craving; sexual appetite.
- (n.) Longing desire; eagerness to possess or enjoy; -- in a had sense; as, the lust of gain.
- (n.) To list; to like.
• Lustre Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fabric of wool and cotton with a lustrous surface, -- used for womens dresses.
- (n.) A candlestick, chandelier, girandole, or the like, generally of an ornamental character.
- (v. t.) To make lustrous.
- (n.) The appearance of the surface of a mineral as affected by, or dependent upon, peculiarities of its reflecting qualities.
- (n.) A substance which imparts luster to a surface, as plumbago and some of the glazes.
- (n.) Renown; splendor; distinction; glory.
- (n.) Same as Luster.
- (n.) Brilliancy; splendor; brightness; glitter.
• Lustrum Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A lustration or purification, especially the purification of the whole Roman people, which was made by the censors once in five years. Hence: A period of five years.