• Mace Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A heavy staff or club of metal; a spiked club; -- used as weapon in war before the general use of firearms, especially in the Middle Ages, for breaking metal armor.
- (n.) A money of account in China equal to one tenth of a tael; also, a weight of 57.98 grains.
- (n.) A rod for playing billiards, having one end suited to resting on the table and pushed with one hand.
- (n.) An officer who carries a mace as an emblem of authority.
- (n.) A staff borne by, or carried before, a magistrate as an ensign of his authority.
- (n.) A kind of spice; the aril which partly covers nutmegs. See Nutmeg.
- (n.) A knobbed mallet used by curriers in dressing leather to make it supple.
• Macer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mace bearer; an officer of a court.
• Macerated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Macerate