• Magnes Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Magnet.
• Magnesian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, characterized by, or containing, magnesia or magnesium.
• Magnesic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or containing, magnesium; as, magnesic oxide.
• Magnesia Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A light earthy white substance, consisting of magnesium oxide, and obtained by heating magnesium hydrate or carbonate, or by burning magnesium. It has a slightly alkaline reaction, and is used in medicine as a mild antacid laxative. See Magnesium.