• Maid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A man who has not had sexual intercourse.
- (n.) The female of a ray or skate, esp. of the gray skate (Raia batis), and of the thornback (R. clavata).
- (n.) A female servant.
- (n.) An unmarried woman; usually, a young unmarried woman; esp., a girl; a virgin; a maiden.
• Maidenhair Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fern of the genus Adiantum (A. pedatum), having very slender graceful stalks. It is common in the United States, and is sometimes used in medicine. The name is also applied to other species of the same genus, as to the Venus-hair.
• Maidpale Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pale, like a sick girl.