• March Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A territorial border or frontier; a region adjacent to a boundary line; a confine; -- used chiefly in the plural, and in English history applied especially to the border land on the frontiers between England and Scotland, and England and Wales.
- (n.) A piece of music designed or fitted to accompany and guide the movement of troops; a piece of music in the march form.
- (v. t.) TO cause to move with regular steps in the manner of a soldier; to cause to move in military array, or in a body, as troops; to cause to advance in a steady, regular, or stately manner; to cause to go by peremptory command, or by force.
- (v. i.) To proceed by walking in a body or in military order; as, the German army marched into France.
- (n.) Hence: Measured and regular advance or movement, like that of soldiers moving in order; stately or deliberate walk; steady onward movement.
- (v. i.) To border; to be contiguous; to lie side by side.
- (n.) The third month of the year, containing thirty-one days.
- (n.) The act of marching; a movement of soldiers from one stopping place to another; military progress; advance of troops.
- (v. i.) To move with regular steps, as a soldier; to walk in a grave, deliberate, or stately manner; to advance steadily.
- (n.) The distance passed over in marching; as, an hours march; a march of twenty miles.
• Marchpane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of sweet bread or biscuit; a cake of pounded almonds and sugar.
• Marchet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Merchet