• Marined Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the lower part of the body like a fish.
• Marine Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Formed by the action of the currents or waves of the sea; as, marine deposits.
- (a.) A solider serving on shipboard; a sea soldier; one of a body of troops trained to do duty in the navy.
- (a.) A picture representing some marine subject.
- (a.) The sum of naval affairs; naval economy; the department of navigation and sea forces; the collective shipping of a country; as, the mercantile marine.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the sea; having to do with the ocean, or with navigation or naval affairs; nautical; as, marine productions or bodies; marine shells; a marine engine.