• Marketed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Market
• Market Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To expose for sale in a market; to traffic in; to sell in a market, and in an extended sense, to sell in any manner; as, most of the farmes have marketed their crops.
- (v. i.) To deal in a market; to buy or sell; to make bargains for provisions or goods.
- (n.) The price for which a thing is sold in a market; market price. Hence: Value; worth.
- (n.) A public place (as an open space in a town) or a large building, where a market is held; a market place or market house; esp., a place where provisions are sold.
- (n.) The privelege granted to a town of having a public market.
- (n.) A meeting together of people, at a stated time and place, for the purpose of traffic (as in cattle, provisions, wares, etc.) by private purchase and sale, and not by auction; as, a market is held in the town every week.
- (n.) An opportunity for selling anything; demand, as shown by price offered or obtainable; a town, region, or country, where the demand exists; as, to find a market for ones wares; there is no market for woolen cloths in that region; India is a market for English goods.
- (n.) Exchange, or purchase and sale; traffic; as, a dull market; a slow market.