• Mars Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The god of war and husbandry.
- (n.) The metallic element iron, the symbol of which / was the same as that of the planet Mars.
- (n.) One of the planets of the solar system, the fourth in order from the sun, or the next beyond the earth, having a diameter of about 4,200 miles, a period of 687 days, and a mean distance of 141,000,000 miles. It is conspicuous for the redness of its light.
• Mar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mark or blemish made by bruising, scratching, or the like; a disfigurement.
- (n.) A small lake. See Mere.
- (v.) To spoil; to ruin.
- (v.) To make defective; to do injury to, esp. by cutting off or defacing a part; to impair; to disfigure; to deface.
• Marsupialia Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) A subclass of Mammalia, including nearly all the mammals of Australia and the adjacent islands, together with the opossums of America. They differ from ordinary mammals in having the corpus callosum very small, in being implacental, and in having their young born while very immature. The female generally carries the young for some time after birth in an external pouch, or marsupium. Called also Marsupiata.
• Marsupialian Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Marsupian