• Mash Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To convert into a mash; to reduce to a soft pulpy state by beating or pressure; to bruise; to crush; as, to mash apples in a mill, or potatoes with a pestle. Specifically (Brewing), to convert, as malt, or malt and meal, into the mash which makes wort.
- (n.) A mesh.
- (n.) A mess; trouble.
- (n.) A mixture of meal or bran and water fed to animals.
- (n.) A mass of mixed ingredients reduced to a soft pulpy state by beating or pressure; a mass of anything in a soft pulpy state. Specifically (Brewing), ground or bruised malt, or meal of rye, wheat, corn, or other grain (or a mixture of malt and meal) steeped and stirred in hot water for making the wort.
• Masher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, mashes; also (Brewing), a machine for making mash.
- (n.) A charmer of women.