• Media Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Medium
- (n.) One of the sonant mutes /, /, / (b, d, g), in Greek, or of their equivalents in other languages, so named as intermediate between the tenues, /, /, / (p, t, k), and the aspiratae (aspirates) /, /, / (ph or f, th, ch). Also called middle mute, or medial, and sometimes soft mute.
- (n.) pl. of Medium.
• Median Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A median line or point.
- (a.) Being in the middle; running through the middle; as, a median groove.
- (a.) Situated in the middle; lying in a plane dividing a bilateral animal into right and left halves; -- said of unpaired organs and parts; as, median coverts.
• Mediateness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being mediate.